Israeli army advances in southern Syria: Local authoritiesAuthorities in the Deraa governorate say in a post on Telegram that Israel is advancing with military vehicles near the city of Nawa, east of the occupied Golan Heights.
Israeli shelling reported in southern SyriaIt appears that Israeli attacks on Syria are continuing.
Alekhbaria TV, reports that Israeli artillery is targeting the western Deraa countryside in the south of the country. The same outlet said earlier that 18 Israeli strikes had hit a military airport in Hama.
More Israeli strikes in SyriaSyria’s official news agency, SANA, reports that an Israeli strike has targeted the vicinity of the central city of Hama.
According to Alekhbaria TV, the attack was near a military airport. The television also reported an Israeli air strike by the T-4 airbase in Homs Governorate.
As reported earlier, a science research building in Damascus was also hit in an Israeli strike.
Houthi Health Ministry says 61 civilians killed in US attacksThe Ministry of Health in Sanaa says US strikes have killed 61 civilians and injured 139 others since March 15.
The US military has been carrying out near-daily attacks in Yemen as Trump promised to “completely annihilate” the Houthis.
The Yemeni group said it will continue its military operations against Israel and shipping lanes in the Red Sea until Israel ends its assault on Gaza, which UN experts have described as a genocide.
US places nearly one-third of B-2 bomber fleet in Indian Ocean Diego Garcia base: ReportSatellite images analysed by The Associated Press show at least six nuclear-capable B-2 bomber aircraft in the Indian Ocean base, within striking distance of Iran.
“It is highly unusual to see that many at one base abroad,” The AP said in its analysis, pointing out that each aircraft costs approximately $1bn.
The bombers have previously been used by the US in the Kosovo War, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Libya. And more recently, Diego Garcia was used as a launch site for B-2 bombers to strike Yemen’s Houthis last year.
The AP noted that the US would need to use B-2 bombers if it wanted to strike Iran’s underground nuclear sites.
One killed, one injured in US attack in Yemen: Report According to the Houthi-affiliated Al Masirah TV, the casualties resulted from a US strike in the Ras Isa district of as-Salif in the Hodeidah Governorate.
PIJ takes responsibility for rocket attack against IsraelAl-Quds Brigades, the armed wing of Palestinian Islamic Jihad, says it fired a rocket salvo at Sderot and other Israeli towns outside Gaza.
The Israeli military had said it intercepted two launches from the Palestinian territory.
UN Human Rights Council adopts resolution on accountability in occupied territoriesThe UN Human Rights Council has adopted a resolution on the human rights situation in occupied Palestinian territory, including East Jerusalem, and a commitment to ensuring accountability and justice.
The resolution called for an end to the illegal occupation of Palestinian territory in accordance with the advisory opinion of the International Court of Justice (ICJ).
Germany, Ethiopia, Czechia and North Macedonia voted against the resolution, but 27 nations backed it while 16 others, including France and Japan abstained.
The resolution also affirmed the illegal nature of forced displacement of Palestinians by Israel and arbitrary Israeli policies against Palestinian prisoners.
According to the Wafa news agency, the Palestinian delegation present at the council meeting criticised “double standards and a lack of international will for achieving practical steps to hold the occupation accountable”.
Casualties after Israeli attack hits police force in Deir el-BalahGaza’s Ministry of Interior reports that several Palestinians were killed and wounded after an Israeli air strike targeted police officers and personnel in the city, located in the central part of the enclave.
ICC denounces Hungary for ignoring Netanyahu arrest warrantThe International Crime Court (ICC) has criticised Hungary’s decision to defy its arrest warrant for Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu for war crimes in Gaza.
The court’s spokesperson, Fadi El Abdallah, said it’s not for parties to the ICC “to unilaterally determine the soundness of the Court’s legal decisions”.
Participating states have an obligation to enforce the court’s decisions, added El Ebdallah.
“Any dispute concerning the judicial functions of the Court shall be settled by the decision of the Court,” El Abdallah said.
Hungary eyes dropping out of ICC as Netanyahu visitsHungary may withdraw from the International Criminal Court (ICC) this week as Israel’s prime minister arrives on a four-day visit.
European Green Party calls for Netanyahu’s arrest in HungaryThe European Green Party is calling for Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu to be arrested and face trial at The Hague as he arrives in Hungary.
US imposes more sanctions on Iran’s ‘shadow banking’, Yemen’s HouthisThe Donald Trump administration has blacklisted several more individuals and entities in a stated effort to impose “maximum pressure” against Iran and the Houthi force in Yemen, where US warplanes have been bombing daily.
The US Treasury emphasised that the new sanctions target a complex “shadow banking” system of clandestine financial facilitators that enable Iran to sell its oil, petrochemicals, and other commodities to circumvent sanctions.
It also said it is targeting a “network of Houthi financial facilitators and procurement operatives” working in coordination with a senior Houthi figure backed by Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC).
The network allegedly “procured tens of millions of dollars’ worth of commodities from Russia, including weapons and sensitive goods, as well as stolen Ukrainian grain” to send to Yemen.
A Hong Kong-based ship manager, a Russia-based Afghan businessman, the general director of three Russia-based companies, and alleged supporters of Houthi trade ventures involving Russia were among those targeted.
Lebanon’s defence chief calls on truce sponsors to stop Israeli violationsDefence Minister Michel Menassa has told foreign dignitaries he hosted today that Israel is escalating its attacks against Lebanon, the National News Agency reports
“The countries sponsoring the ceasefire agreement must stop the Israeli enemy’s violations and aggressions against Lebanese sovereignty,” Menassa was quoted as saying by the agency.
Israel has been carrying out near-daily attacks in Lebanon, and last month, it bombed Beirut twice despite the ceasefire it reached with Hezbollah last year, which was sponsored by France and the US.
The Israeli military also continues to occupy parts of south Lebanon in violation of the truce deal.
US, Israel cannot eliminate Iran’s nuclear programme with strikes: IRGC commanderA senior commander with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) says Donald Trump and Benjamin Netanyahu must know they cannot destroy Iran’s nuclear programme and localised nuclear technology expertise with military attacks.
“None of the announced goals for military aggression, including the destruction of the nuclear programme, will be realised. An attack by the enemies will move Iran’s nuclear programme to a new stage,” Yadollah Javani, the IRGC’s deputy for political affairs, wrote in an article for the state-run Fars news agency.
He said Iran will “reconsider its defence doctrine and the nature of its nuclear programme” if the country is attacked, and will proceed to “deal heavy blows to our enemies”.
This comes a day after Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said that “there is no such thing as a military option, let alone a military solution” in dealing with Iran’s nuclear programme, and pointed to what he called “catastrophic failures” for the US in the region during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
Hundreds of Israelis protest demanding conscription of ultra-Orthodox JewsThe protesters are marching in West Jerusalem and plan to rally outside the Israeli parliament, or Knesset.
They’re aiming to put pressure on the Israeli government to effectively conscript more ultra-Orthodox Jews into the military.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2025/4/2/live-israels-gaza-blockade-reaches-one-month-forcing-bakeries-to-close